Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bobcat Athletics

So after years of wanting to be a journalist, I made the decision that I wanted to stick around San Marcos and work in the Texas State Athletic Department. I've made it very well known that I want to work there, but so far the opportunities just havent popped up. A couple of 12K jobs have opened up, but seriously I could make more money working at McDonalds. Yes it isn't all about the money, but 12K is seriously a slap in the face.

So now, my options are still graduate school which involves more school, and probably more debt, or finding a job around San Marcos hoping that a decent opportunity comes up sometime.

Right now I joke around a lot that I am really not doing much of anything, but thats not the case. I am still interning in the athletic department (even though it looks like i wont get any kind of good job there yet), and I am still working with BobcatFans and in some capacity ASG.

So there are a lot of things still up in the air which is scary, but I know that somehow the Lord will provide for me a plan.

So prayers are needed for direction and guidance that I keep on track with what he wants for me, instead of what I want for me. Easier said than done.

No comments: