Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a weekend

This weekend was the Maroon and Gold game, and man was it a blast. I tailgated with ASG, and also stopped by the T Association tent. It was really a good time. Louis Brown and Nathaniel Gold... man those two are characters.

Today I went to see some of my friends on the Ultimate team play some pretty tough games. Some came out on top, but some didn't. It had me thinking the entire time. 

It made me think about being competitive. What kinds of actions or things were deemed competitive or competitions in the Bible? 

I came home, and started researching, and instead of re-hashing out everything I looked at. Here is a link.

http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/404/Competition.htm

I am a pretty competitive person, when I am doing things that I think (or would like to think) I am above average at. I wouldn't consider Ultimate one of these things, maybe CRU ultimate but not like the buckets play. I consider myself competitive in a few things I can think of right away.

Video Games (sports games)

Baseball Mogul

Fantasy Baseball

Sports Knowledge (especially baseball)

They all have to do with sports in some form or fashion. I started thinking about how I know sports and enjoy sports so much. I enjoy spending three hours watching a baseball game. I enjoy tailgaiting at the Maroon and Gold game hours before the game. Why do I not enjoy spending time in the word, and with the Lord that much? I mean yes I do at times, but why do I fail at this sometimes? I can't think of a time EVER in my life when I have though "Man I don't want to watch sports, have anything to do with sports, or am too busy to watch a game on TV or in person." Yet on the other hand, when something bad happens, or I get hurt I find myself not wanting anything to do with this guy that died for me.

It is without a doubt an absolutely crazy thought... That I am too tired, or busy, or upset that I don't want to spend time with him. I mean I will never stop believing in him, so please don't think that my belief in the Lord is an on/off switch. It is more of a lack of willingness to commit to the relationship that I have with him, which can be said also for relationships with my friends.

I am done for today. Yesterdays post was totally emo, and I apologize for that.

No comments: