Thursday, April 10, 2008

Done being way too busy

It has been way too long since my last post. I promised myself I was going to try to post everyday. I guess this is my first big failure to do that. I am sure it won't be the last, but hopefully I can limit these times where I can't find minutes in my day to blog.

I have been incredibly busy with my life, which as most things are, has its positives and negatives.

The positives are that I have totally thrown myself into work and school. I have made some pretty decent grades, but there have been a couple of bad ones thrown in there. Another positive is that I believe I am making strides and connections professionally. Hopefully I will soon be paid in the athletic deparment. It obviously won't be much, but anything is better than zero which is what I am making now.

Along with this is that I think I am finally getting respected by people. I have so many ideas and programs that I want to start within the athletic department to take us to the next level. I need guidance though, and need more than just myself pushing for projects.

Although there has been a lot of positives, there have been negatives. I still have no direction in life. I don't know where I am going or what I am doing. I know where I would like to go, but no doors have swung wide open for me to do them. I will continue to lead on Christ for direction,guidance, opportunities, and a deeper understanding of him to take into any workplace.

I had a very good lunch today with Michael Vaughn, who I consider to be one of my closest friends. He might actually be the closest. He knows me. He knows where I am right now, what I've dealt with before, and what I am dealing with now. It was a very good lunch, and I hope that we have more in the future. We haven't been as close and I would have liked to be this semester, and I am to blame for that. I get so busy, and so involved in everything that I don't often take time out for friendships. That has been the biggest negative of all.

I am done being way too busy. I am back so expect daily posts!

No comments: