Sunday, May 25, 2008

More Like Month By Month

When I started this, I really did mean for it to be a daily thing, and I am going to honestly try harder to make it a daily thing even though I think the people that read it could probably be counted on a single hand.

A lot has changed in the past month, for the good and bad. You can try and figure out which is which.

  1. Relationships have changed. The summer is always rough whether it is going back home where I don't have a good group of Christian friends, or in San Marcos when people do their things at camps. There is still a good group here in San Marcos, and I am growing with them. The crazy thing is that they are moving on with their lives soon and I am not. It's a scary thought.
  2. I have spent a lot of time in some excellent Podcasts. Podcasts really are excellent because you can "almost" attend church around the world. Over the years, and especially this past year I have listened to the Austin Stone podcast weekly. There are other ones that I listen to including Mosaic in LA, The Village in Dallas, John Bevere's church, Joshua Harris's church, and other various podcasts like "The Boundless" show which is amazing.
  3. GRADUATION. Wow it is a scary thought. I graduated, and a few days later attended my mom's graduation. It was a whole gamut full of emotions. It was bitter-sweet.
  4. I still have no direction regarding a job or school. Right now my life is up in the air. It's pretty crazy.
  5. I couldn't go without saying that American Idol is over for now. Another bitter-sweet moment. At least this one will come again next year.

You might have noticed that I really enjoy podcasting, and The Boundless Show has become without a doubt one of my favorite ones to listen to. It is basically people sitting around talking about relationships for the most part, but there are other things thrown in there. They talk about singles groups in the church, and Christian online dating and everything that goes along with that. They also talk about movies like "Juno" and video game addiction. Overall this is just a really great podcast that I suggest checking out.

The Boundless Show got me thinking about podcasting and college. I have had so many interesting conversations with so many different people over the past few years that it may be easy to me to recall them right now, or even in the near future, but man it would be nice to have some of that on audio that I can save forever. I am thinking of hosting, or maybe just participating in a podcast with my Christian friends. I really don't know how to do any of this, or even what kind of equipment would be needed but I really think this is something that I want to do. 

My friend Javier Garcia really had been on me lately about how my day by day wasn't really living up to it's name. I am glad that I have a friend like him that cares enough about me to want to read this and really push me to post more.

No comments: