Saturday, May 31, 2008

Space Jam

The past.... those two words conjure up so many different memories. Some good and some not so good.

Tonight I watched Space Jam. It was a big time blast from the past, and made me think about a lot where I have been.

It reminded me of Waco, and everything that went on there. I had lots of good times, but lots of bad times also happened. I thought about

-the principals office visits
-the fights
-the bullying (both ways)
-the good grades
-the bad grades
-the baseball
-the basketball
-the girlfriends
-choir
-journalism
-science fair
-video games
-the TV shows
-Disney movies
-skating
-karate

I could go on and on, but whats the point? Most of that stuff is gone, and is being replaced with new memories. I will never forget these things. It got me thinking as to how God has shaped my life. Everything that has ever happened in my life was not me doing it, it was God orchestrating his amazing plan for me to bring me where I am today, and to lead me tomorrow. It's absolutely crazy to think that God brought me here. God brought me through all that, and then some. God brought me to Texas State, where I met certain people and got involved in christian ministries on campus.

It's crazy to think that God used Space Jam to bring all these memories back, but thats exactly what happened.

No comments: