Saturday, March 15, 2008

Being Content

I am not content with anything.

Whether its a grade, and I strive for a better one.
or
Trying to get a better paying job.
or
Trying to beat a personal record in a video game.
or
Content with relationships, trying to deepen them more, or even find new ones.

It's easier to want more, more,more. Will there ever be a time when "more" doesn't exist. A time you reach a place where you can't be any higher?

On this Earth, and especially material wise the answer is no. There will always be something better, or newer that will be something to be strived for.

While in prison, Paul wrote a letter to his friends in Phillipi. He stated:

I have learned the great secret of life, how to be content. Whether it is the highest of highs or the lowest of lows, I am content because I am in Christ Jesus. I have strength for anything that life brings my way, because of the one who give me the power to life.

Based on that, I should be content with who I am in Jesus, and the relationship that I have with him. On the other hand, I am not content with the relationship I have with him, because theres always room for improvement, whether its being more in the word, doing a better job of sharing my faith, etc. I guess that I should be content with what he has given me however, and done for me. I mean he died for me. That is something that as a Christian I have known since I was very little, yet sometimes isn't really thought about.

I am content with who I am in and through Jesus Christ.

No comments: