Thursday, March 6, 2008

Two Percent

So much for writing everyday, lets go with hopefully every day.

Jeremiah 1:7-8 says

"Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you."

Personally, as with a lot of Christians, it is definately easy to not share your faith. The hard part is jumping out of the comfort zone, sharing your face and not coming up with a lot of excuses.

"I am just a college kid, who is still trying to figure it all out," is an excuse I usually come up with. I am still trying to figure it all out, we all are. There will be good days, and there will also be bad days. There is no denying that, but the fact I don't have it all figured out shouldn't prevent me from sharing. I am just a "child" a 22 year old college student.

According to Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, only 2% of Christians actively share their faith. That number hurts me deep down in the heart. The statistic SHOULD be totally reversed. Ideally 100 % of christians should share their faith, but 98 would be amazing, compared to the ridiculously low 2%.

There is no step by step process to sharing your faith. We all do it (or don't) a little bit differently, but there are different guidelines and tools out there to help you overcome this fear, and hopefully overcome this ridiculous number of 2%.

No comments: